Countries Where Weed Is Illegal 2019
The legality of marijuana is a controversial subject. Some people believe that marijuana has medical benefits that can help with a variety of ailments, from controlling pain to helping control diseases like Parkinson’s.
Other people believe that marijuana should be able to be used recreationally. A common argument is that marijuana is a plant that is less dangerous than legal substances like alcohol or prescription medications.
Still others believe that marijuana is a gateway drug that leads to abuse of other drugs, including heroin or cocaine. For this reason, people believe that marijuana should be illegal.
In many countries around the world, government leaders mostly lean toward the negative aspects of marijuana. For this reason, it is still illegal in many nations around the country, although some nations have legalized it for medicinal use. The nations that have made it illegal to cultivate or use marijuana, either recreationally or medically, include:
- Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan
- Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Benin, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi
- Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, People’s Republic of China, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Cuba
- Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic
- East Timor, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia
- Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Greenland, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana
- Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary
- Iceland, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Ivory Coast
- Japan, Jordan
- Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
- Latvia, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania
- Macau, Madagascar, Malaysia, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Mozambique
- Namibia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria
- Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Philippines
- Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Korea, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Syria
- Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu
- Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan
- Vatican City, Venezuela