Countries With Free College 2019
Anyone that lives in the United States and other areas with college tuition costs know just how expensive attending an institute of higher education can be. A student can spends tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars to attend college, which can be offset with grants and scholarships. However, many of these students have to take on student loans, paying hundreds of dollars each month over a long period of time to fund their education.
However, there are countries where there is no cost for attending college. Residents of these nations can receive their education for free. In fact, residents from the United States and other countries where college comes at a cost have studied abroad in order to take advantage of these opportunities.
There are several countries that offer free tuition to its citizens. In alphabetical order, these countries are:
- Czech Republic
These are the countries that offer free tuition to its own residents, but there are also a number of countries that offer free tuition to international students. In many cases, college courses are available for free but they are taught only in the country’s native language. All nations that offer free college to international students are:
- Brazil: Classes are taught in Portuguese
- Czech Republic: Classes taught in the Czech language are free
- France: Free classes available to European Union citizens
- Greece: Classes are taught in Greek
- Kenya: Free tuition available to high-scoring secondary school students
- Norway: Tuition is fee but living expenses come at a very high cost
- Slovenia: Free education for EU citizens
- Sweden: Free education for EU citizens