The Union of Germanic States into a confederation was formed in 1815, making Germany itself 207 years old. Below are key facts and statistics about the Country:
Capital and largest city: Berlin.Coordinates: 52°31′N 13°23′E
Official language: German
Government: Federal Parliamentary Republic
• President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier
• Chancellor: Olaf Scholz
• Legislature: Bundestag, Bundesrat
• Unification: 18 January 1871
• Monarchy abolished: 9 November 1918
• Nazi Germany: 23 March 1933. Killed: 6 million Jews, at least 130,000 Romani, 275,000 disabled people, thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses, thousands of homosexuals, and hundreds of thousands of political and religious opponents. Nazi policies in German-occupied countries resulted in the deaths of an estimated 2.7 million Poles, 1.3 million Ukrainians, 1 million Belarusians and 3.5 million Soviet prisoners of war. German military casualties have been estimated at 5.3 million, and around 900,000 German civilians died. Around 12 million ethnic Germans were expelled from across Eastern Europe, and Germany lost roughly one-quarter of its pre-war territory.
• West–East division: 23 May 1949
• Reunification: 3 October 1990
• Total Area: 357,022 km2 (137,847 sq mi) (63rd)
• Water (%): 1.27 (2015)
• Population, 2020 Estimate: Neutral increase of 83,190,556 (18th)
• Density: 232/km2 (600.9/sq mi) (58th)
• GDP (PPP) 2021 Estimate Total: Increase of $4.743 trillion (5th)
• Per capita: Increase of $56,956 (15th)
• GDP (nominal) 2021 Estimate Total Increase of $4.319 trillion (4th)
• Per capita: Increase of $51,860 (15th)
• Gini (2020) Negative increase 30.5 (medium)
• HDI (2019) Increase 0.947 (very high · 6th)
• Currency: Euro (€) (EUR)
• Time zone: UTC+1 (CET)
• Summer (DST): UTC+2 (CEST)
• Driving side: right
• Calling code: +49
• ISO 3166 code: DE
• Internet TLD: .de
Germany is one of the richest countries in Europe, most of whose economic power is considered to hold the value of the Euro altogether. Germans are known for their meticulous attention to detail and efficient processes. Their economy is a social market economy with an incredibly skilled labor force that prides itself on education, low levels of corruption, and high amounts of innovation. Germany is the ideal trade partner, as it is both the third largest exporter and importer of goods. It also has the fourth lowest unemployment rate in Europe, consistently.
Before the German confederation, it was considered a conglomeration of tribes. It was one of the few European peoples that were never conquered by the Romans, causing their development and evolution to be unique, as can be evidenced by their lifestyle and legal system. Despite being one of the world's largest economic and socially responsible superpowers, the stigma of both world wars, primarily the Nazi regime of World War II, has caused it to be extremely limited in the creation of the Military. It is due to this reminder that the German people are extremely anti-corruption and have exceptionally high expectations of their government.
Currently, the illegal invasion of Russia into Ukraine has spurred an increased military presence in both Eastern and Western Europe, mainly those in the NATO alliance. Germany has been allowed to its military activity for the first time since the collapse of the Nazi regime.
The country of Germany is 1180 years old, founded in the year 843.