Shandong Population 2022

What is the Population of Shandong?

Shandong is the second largest province in China, after Guangdong, by population. It is ahead of the Henan province by about 2 million souls. The population of Shandong is 101,527,453 according to the most recent census, which was conducted in 2020. Han Chinese is the lion's share of ethnicity in the area, even though this is not considered their birthplace, as over 99% of the population is identified as having this background. Of the remaining 1%, minority groups include the Manchus and Hui people.

The people of this province are known to be the tallest people in the country, as they have the tallest national average when compared to any other Chinese province. Young citizens were determined to be 5 ft 9 inches (males) and 5 ft 5 inches (females).

What is Shandong?

Shandong, sometimes written as Shantung in the romanized version, is a coastal province. It is part of the East China region, located in the People's Republic of China. The Shandong region plays an important cultural and religious part in Chinese history. The tradition dates back to the beginning of ancient Chinese people who settled along the reaches of the famous Yellow River. The Shandong province has pivoted and adapted to the influence of the area, and at many times was the center of Taoism, Confucianism, and Chinese Buddhism. The most revered mountain in the religion of Taoism is Mount Tai, which hosts a site that has one of the longest histories of continuous worship in the world for any organized religion. The Chinese philosopher Confucious started his movement through the Hundred Schools of Thought, which was the principal text and thought development for the philosophical lifestyle.

Shandong intersects the culture and regions of modern north-south and east-west trading routes of both the country and the international commercial scene. This has established its tradition as an economic hub that connects the trading activity of most of the goods within the area. In the past few hundred years, Shandong has observed a period of instability as it grappled with many internal struggles, including the adoption of its identity and its position within the larger national and international scale. Recently, the province has experienced one of the most rapid and steep increases in growth in its history. The economy of Shandon is the third largest economy of all of its provinces, with a GDP of 1.3 trillion USD. The per capita GDP is closely related to the national average,

Interesting Facts About Shandong

Air pollution contributed to about 21% of deaths in China in 2017. The government began a five-year plan that would convert half of northern China into clean energy, which would contribute to its winter heating. The plan was that it would convert the current methods of burning fossil fuels into relying on nuclear power throughout the region to reduce the amount of pollution in the area. It is forecasted to reduce emissions by more than 60,000 tons per annum.

Shandong Population 2022