Population of Cities in Singapore 2024

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

2024 Population

Singapore is an island and city-state located off the southern tip of Malaysia that consists of one main island and 62 islands and islets. Since its independence from the United Kingdom in 1963, Singapore has established itself as a global financial center and technology hub with a diverse and multicultural population of 5.6 millions residents. Official citizens account for approximately 60% of Singapore's population; the remaining 40% are permanent residents or foreign students and workers.

Singapore's population is made up of a number of ethnic groups, including Chinese (74.3%), Malay (13.3%) and Indian (9.1%). Singapore is also one of the most religiously diverse places in the world – a wide range of faiths are practiced, including Buddhism, Christianity and Islam. There are also four official languages in Singapore – English, Malay, Mandarin Chinese and Tamil – and the vast majority of Singaporeans are bilingual. The city-state is known for featuring at or near the top of many international rankings. It is one of the world's safest cities, and ranks fifth on the UN Human Development Index with the third-highest GDP per capita. It also frequently tops lists of the world's most expensive places to live.

Singapore has 1 cities with more than a million people, 0 cities with between 100,000 and 1 million people, and 0 cities with between 10,000 and 100,000 people. The largest city in Singapore is Singapore, with a population of 3,547,809 people.