What are the largest countries in North America? Here is the list of the ten largest countries in square miles:
- Canada (3,854,083 square miles)
- United States (3,617,827 square miles)
- Mexico (758,249 square miles)
- Nicaragua (50,324 square miles)
- Honduras (43,422 square miles)
- Cuba (42,415 square miles)
- Guatemala (42,031 square miles)
- Panama (29,111 square miles)
- Costa Rica (19,725 square miles)
- Belize (8,865 square miles)
The total area of North America is 24,709,000 km² (9,540,000 mi²) split across 23 countries and dozens of territories.
The largest country in North America is Canada, which spans over 9,984,670 km² (3,854,083 mi²). Canada has a population of over 37.4 million people, with the majority of citizens living in the southern part of the country closer to the border of the United States. Canada is also the second-largest country in the world.
The smallest country in North America is Saint Kitts and Nevis, which spans a total of 261 km² (101 mi²). St. Kitts and Nevis has a population of about 52,800.