Hover/click a county for data.

Population of Counties in Wyoming (2024)

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

2024 Population
Growth Since 2020
Area (mi²)
Density (/mi²)
Laramie County101,1870.45%1K38Laramie County location
Natrona County80,3590.07%2.1K15Natrona County location
Campbell County47,9371.68%1.9K10Campbell County location
Sweetwater County41,124-2.54%4K4Sweetwater County location
Fremont County40,0642.2%3.5K4Fremont County location
Albany County38,3363.3%1.6K9Albany County location
Sheridan County33,0036.46%97413Sheridan County location
Park County30,9654.37%2.7K4Park County location
Teton County23,167-0.91%1.5K6Teton County location
Lincoln County21,0897.28%1.6K5Lincoln County location
Uinta County20,7631.5%80410Uinta County location
Carbon County14,130-2.61%3K2Carbon County location
Converse County13,8530.78%1.6K3Converse County location
Goshen County12,6481.06%8596Goshen County location
Big Horn County12,1575.86%1.2K4Big Horn County location
Sublette County9,1865.15%1.9K2Sublette County location
Johnson County8,7993.92%1.6K2Johnson County location
Platte County8,440-2.21%8034Platte County location
Crook County7,7658.18%1.1K3Crook County location
Washakie County7,6960.51%8643Washakie County location
Weston County6,758-0.85%9263Weston County location
Hot Springs County4,6991.69%7742Hot Springs County location
Niobrara County2,360-3.83%1K1Niobrara County location

There are 23 counties in Wyoming. The most populous county in the state is Laramie County, which is home to 98,976 residents. Laramie County accounts for 17.13% of Wyoming’s total population. Laramie County is also home to Cheyenne, the state capital. The second-most populous county is Natrona County, which has a population of 79,115 people, comprising 13,69% of Wyoming’s population. This is followed by Campbell County with a population of 46,140, accounting for 7.99% of the state’s population.

Wyoming Counties with the Fewest Residents

Of Wyoming’s 23 counties, Niobrara County is the least populous with 2,388 residents. Niobrara’s population accounts for just 0.41% of the state’s total population. Following Niobrara County is Hot Springs County with 4,555 people, comprising 0.79% of the state’s population. Weston County is the third-least populous county in Wyoming with 6,967 people, 1.21% of the population.

Five other counties have populations below 10,000: Crook, Washakie, Johnson, Platte, and Sublette.

Wyoming Counties with Rapid Growth

The Wyoming county with the highest population growth since the 2010 Census is Teton County, which grew by 8.38%. This is followed by Lincoln County and Laramie County, which have grown by 7.38% and 7.31% respectively.

While several counties have experienced population growth since 2010, others have experienced population decline. Washakie County experienced the most significant population decline of 7.56%, followed by Carbon County (5.53%) and Hot Springs (5.32%).

Lists of Counties in all States

  1. Wyoming Economic Analysis Division
  2. US Census State Population Estimates - Most recent state estimates from the Census Bureau's Population Estimates Program
  3. US Census County Population Estimates - Most recent county estimates from the Census Bureau's Population Estimates Program
  4. American Community Survey (2009 - 2013)
  5. Census QuickFacts
  6. Historical Populations of States and Counties (1790 - 1990)