What are the largest countries in Europe? Here is the list of the ten largest countries in square miles:
- Russia (6,599,921 square miles)
- Ukraine (232,951 square miles)
- France (212,954 square miles)
- Spain (195,313 square miles)
- Sweden (173,814 square miles)
- Germany (137,846 square miles)
- Finland (130,632 square miles)
- Norway (124,988 square miles)
- Poland (120,694 square miles)
- Italy (116,316 square miles)
Europe is 10,186,000 km² (9,932,836 mi²) split across 50 countries.
The largest country in Europe is Russia, which also has additional land that extends across northern Asia. Russia covers a total of 17,098,242 km² (6,599,921 mi²) when including its land in North Asia. Russia’s population is over 145.8 million people. Russia is also the largest country in the world.
The smallest country in Europe is the Vatican City, which is .44 km² (.169 mi²). Vatican City is the smallest country in the world, located in Rome, Italy, and has a population of about 1,000 people.