Chanceford, Pennsylvania Population 2024

5,936

Chanceford is a city located in York County Pennsylvania. Chanceford has a 2024 population of 5,936. Chanceford is currently growing at a rate of 0.05% annually and its population has increased by 0.1% since the most recent census, which recorded a population of 5,930 in 2020.

The average household income in Chanceford is $109,709 with a poverty rate of 5.41%. The median age in Chanceford is 42.8 years: 37.4 years for males, and 47.8 years for females.

Chanceford Demographics

According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Chanceford was:

  • White: 94.02%
  • Two or more races: 4.3%
  • Black or African American: 1.23%
  • Other race: 0.45%
  • Native American: 0%
  • Asian: 0%
  • Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0%
Land Area (mi²)
48.5 sq mi
Density (mi²)
122.50/sq mi
Growth Since 2020
0.1% (6)
The current population of Chanceford, Pennsylvania is 5,936 based on our projections of the latest US Census estimates (released May 2024). The last official US Census in 2020 recorded the population at 5,930.

Population by Race

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Race
Population
Percentage (of total)
White5,59494.02%
Two or more races2564.3%
Black or African American731.23%
Other race270.45%
Native American00%
Asian00%
Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander00%

White

Two or more races

Black or African American

Other race

Native American

Asian

Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander

Chanceford Population by Race

Chanceford Population Pyramid 2024

Chanceford Median Age

42.8

Total

37.4

Male

47.8

Female

Chanceford Adults

There are 4,699 adults, (971 of whom are seniors) in Chanceford.

Chanceford Age Dependency

59.6

Age Dependency Ratio

26

Old Age Dependency Ratio

33.6

Child Dependency Ratio

Chanceford Sex Ratio

Female2,74746.17%
Male3,20353.83%

Chanceford Population by Age

Chanceford Renter vs Owner Occupied by Household Type

Household Type
Count
Average Size
Owner
Renter
All2,3532.5390.79.3
Married1,5472.8494.15.9
Non Family5061.238119
Male1872.7592.57.5
Female1133.7384.115.9

2.84

Average Family Size

2.53

Average Household Size

90.7%

Rate of Home Ownership

Married

Male

Female

NonFamily

owner

renter

Chanceford Households and Families

Male

Female

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Education Attained
Count
Percentage
9th to 12th Grade2064.89%
Associates Degree3337.91%
Bachelors Degree3799%
Graduate Degree61014.49%
High School Graduate1,83143.49%
Less Than 9th Grade1152.73%
Some College73617.48%

Less Than 9th Grade

9th to 12th Grade

High School Graduate

Some College

Associates Degree

Bachelors Degree

Graduate Degree

Chanceford Educational Attainment by Sex (over 25)

Chanceford Educational Attainment by Race

High School Graduation Rate

Bachelors Rate

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Race
Total
High School
Bachelors
White4,0453,760985
2+ Races87874
Black51150
Hispanic43430
Other Race27270

The highest rate of high school graduation is among other race people with a rate of 100%.

The highest rate of bachelors degrees is among white people with a rate of 24.35%.

Chanceford Educational Attainment by Race

All

Male

Female

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Name
Average
Male
Female
Bachelors Degree$90,781$0$90,500
Graduate Degree$108,204$109,139$66,099
High School Graduate$53,558$58,013$37,696
Less Than 9th Grade$71,462$71,462$0
Overall$60,557$71,250$48,269
Some College$58,852$76,853$35,057

$60,557

Average Earnings

$71,250

Average Male

$48,269

Average Female

Chanceford Earnings by Educational Attainment

Chanceford Language by Age

Only English

Spanish

Other Indo-European Languages

Asian and Pacific Island Languages

Other Languages

Chanceford Language

97.29% of Chanceford residents speak only English, while 2.71% speak other languages. The non-English language spoken by the largest group is Other Indo-European, which is spoken by 1.5% of the population.

Chanceford Language

Chanceford Poverty by Race

rate

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Name
Total
In Poverty
Poverty Rate
White5,5943225.76%

5.41%

Overall Poverty Rate

2.87%

Male Poverty Rate

8.37%

Female Poverty Rate

Poverty in Chanceford

The race most likely to be in poverty in Chanceford is White, with 5.76% below the poverty level.

The race least likely to be in poverty in Chanceford is White, with 5.76% below the poverty level.

The poverty rate among those that worked full-time for the past 12 months was 0%. Among those working part-time, it was 2.66%, and for those that did not work, the poverty rate was 20.74%.

Chanceford Poverty

rate

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Rate
Poverty
Less Than 9th Grade34.89%
High School6.5%
Bachelors or Greater1.62%
Some College1.03%

Chanceford Poverty Rate by Education

rate

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Rate
Poverty
Female Unemployed36.67%
Male Employed0.84%
Male Unemployed0%
Female Employed0%

Chanceford Poverty Rate by Employment Status and Sex

Chanceford Income by Household Type

Households

Families

MarriedFamilies

NonFamilies

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Name
Median
Mean
Families$99,340$124,004
Households$90,664$109,709
Married Families$109,405$-999,999,999
Non Families$55,429$53,079

mean

median

Income by Household Type

Chanceford Marital Status

Married

Widowed

Divorced

Separated

NeverMarried

Marriage Rates

63.5%

Overall Marriage Rate

62.0%

Male Marriage Rate

65.2%

Female Marriage Rate

Chanceford Married by Age and Sex

male

female

Chanceford Marriage

The age group where males are most likely to be married is Over 65, while the female age group most likely to be married is 35-44.

Chanceford Marital Status by Race

Married

Widowed

Divorced

Separated

NeverMarried

Chanceford Marital Status

Second Gulf War

First Gulf War

Vietnam

Korea

World War II

408

Number of Veterans

408

Male Veterans

0

Female Veterans

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

War
Veterans
First Gulf War156
Second Gulf War65
Vietnam38
Korea0
World War II0

Chanceford Veterans by War

count

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Age Group
Veterans
35 to 54140
55 to 64136
75+80
18 to 3428
65 to 7424

Chanceford Veterans by Age

count

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Name
Veterans
% of Total
White3738.27%
Black1926.03%
2+ Races1618.39%

Chanceford Veterans by Race

Chanceford Veterans by Education

Less Than 9th Grade

High School Graduate

Some College

Bachelors or Greater

0%

Veteran Poverty Rate

19.61%

Veteran Disability Rate

Chanceford Veterans by Education

LaborForceParticipation

69.3%

Labor Force Participation

66.4%

Employment Rate

4.1%

Unemployment Rate

Chanceford Employment by Age

LaborForceParticipation

Chanceford Employment by Race

LaborForceParticipation

Chanceford Employment by Education

Origin of Non-Citizens

Europe

Asia

Africa

Oceania

Latin America

North America

Non citizens include legal permanent residents (green card holders), international students, temporary workers, humanitarian migrants, and illegal immigrants.

Origin of Naturalized Citizens

Europe

Asia

Africa

Oceania

Latin America

North America

68.99%

Born in Chanceford

98.84%

Native Born

1.16%

Foreign Born

1.16%

Non Citizen

0%

Naturalized

Place of Birth

98.84% of Chanceford residents were born in the United States, with 68.99% having been born in Pennsylvania. 1.16% of residents are not US citizens. Of those not born in the United States, the largest percentage are from Latin America.

Chanceford Place of Birth

Note: data after 2022 is projected based on recent change

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Year
Population
Growth
Growth Rate
20295,95130.05%
20285,94830.05%
20275,94530.05%
20265,94230.05%
20255,93930.05%
20245,93630.05%
20235,93330.05%
20225,93030.05%
20215,927-3-0.05%
20205,930-249-4.03%
20196,179-20-0.32%
20186,199230.37%
20176,176140.23%
20166,162260.42%
20156,13620.03%
20146,134150.25%
20136,11920.03%
20126,11780.13%
20116,10920.03%
20106,10700%

Chanceford Population by Year