Chancellor, South Dakota Population 2024

322

Chancellor is a city located in Turner County South Dakota. Chancellor has a 2024 population of 322. Chancellor is currently growing at a rate of 2.22% annually and its population has increased by 6.98% since the most recent census, which recorded a population of 301 in 2020.

The average household income in Chancellor is $68,090 with a poverty rate of 18.29%. The median rental costs in recent years comes to - per month, and the median house value is -. The median age in Chancellor is 28.7 years, 33.5 years for males, and 27.3 years for females.

Chancellor Demographics

According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Chancellor was:

  • White: 92.66%
  • Two or more races: 3.39%
  • Native American: 2.26%
  • Black or African American: 1.13%
  • Other race: 0.56%
  • Asian:
  • Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander:
Land Area (mi²)
0.2 sq mi
Density (mi²)
1,450.70/sq mi
Growth Since 2020
6.98% (21)
The current population of Chancellor, South Dakota is 322 based on our projections of the latest US Census estimates.The last official US Census in 2020 recorded the population at 301.

Chancellor, South Dakota Population 2024

Population by Race

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Race
Population
Percentage (of total)
White32892.66%
Two or more races123.39%
Native American82.26%
Black or African American41.13%
Other race20.56%
Asian
Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
showing: 7 rows

White

Two or more races

Native American

Black or African American

Other race

Asian

Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander

Chancellor Population by Race

Chancellor Population Pyramid 2024

Chancellor Median Age

28.7

Total

33.5

Male

27.3

Female

Chancellor Adults

There are 243 adults, (61 of whom are seniors) in Chancellor.

Chancellor Age Dependency

94.5

Age Dependency Ratio

33.5

Old Age Dependency Ratio

61

Child Dependency Ratio

Chancellor Sex Ratio

Female18451.98%
Male17048.02%

Chancellor Population by Age

Chancellor Renter vs Owner Occupied by Household Type

Household Type
Count
Average Size
Owner
Renter
All1272.797426
Married593.1494.95.1
Non Family371.5443.256.8
Female193.2678.921.1
Male124.1758.341.7
showing: 5 rows

3.18

Average Family Size

2.79

Average Household Size

74.0%

Rate of Home Ownership

Married

Male

Female

NonFamily

owner

renter

Chancellor Households and Families

Male

Female

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Less Than 9th Grade

9th to 12th Grade

High School Graduate

Some College

Associates Degree

Bachelors Degree

Graduate Degree

Chancellor Educational Attainment by Sex (over 25)

Chancellor Educational Attainment by Race

High School Graduation Rate

Bachelors Rate

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

The highest rate of high school graduation is among black people with a rate of 100%.

The highest rate of bachelors degrees is among white people with a rate of 19.35%.

Chancellor Educational Attainment by Race

All

Male

Female

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

$40,221

Average Earnings

$34,583

Average Male

$40,556

Average Female

Chancellor Earnings by Educational Attainment

Chancellor Language by Age

Only English

Spanish

Other Indo-European Languages

Asian and Pacific Island Languages

Other Languages

Chancellor Language

96.97% of Chancellor residents speak only English, while 3.03% speak other languages. The non-English language spoken by the largest group is Other Indo-European, which is spoken by 3.03% of the population.

Chancellor Language

Chancellor Poverty by Race

rate

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Name
Total
In Poverty
Poverty Rate
White3246419.75%
showing: 1 rows

18.29%

Overall Poverty Rate

20.59%

Male Poverty Rate

16.11%

Female Poverty Rate

Poverty in Chancellor

The race most likely to be in poverty in Chancellor is White, with 19.75% below the poverty level.

The race least likely to be in poverty in Chancellor is White, with 19.75% below the poverty level.

The poverty rate among those that worked full-time for the past 12 months was 4.55%. Among those working part-time, it was 20.29%, and for those that did not work, the poverty rate was 28.38%.

Chancellor Poverty

rate

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Rate
Poverty
Less Than 9th Grade43.75%
High School28.57%
Some College7.69%
Bachelors or Greater
showing: 4 rows

Chancellor Poverty Rate by Education

rate

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Rate
Poverty
Male Unemployed37.5%
Male Employed15.15%
Female Employed6.33%
Female Unemployed
showing: 4 rows

Chancellor Poverty Rate by Employment Status and Sex

Chancellor Income by Household Type

Households

Families

MarriedFamilies

NonFamilies

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

mean

median

Income by Household Type

Chancellor Marital Status

Married

Widowed

Divorced

Separated

NeverMarried

Marriage Rates

40.9%

Overall Marriage Rate

42.2%

Male Marriage Rate

39.7%

Female Marriage Rate

Chancellor Married by Age and Sex

male

female

Chancellor Marriage

The age group where males are most likely to be married is Over 65, while the female age group most likely to be married is Over 65.

Chancellor Marital Status by Race

Married

Widowed

Divorced

Separated

NeverMarried

Chancellor Marital Status

Second Gulf War

First Gulf War

Vietnam

Korea

World War II

10

Number of Veterans

10

Male Veterans

Female Veterans

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Chancellor Veterans by War

count

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Chancellor Veterans by Age

count

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Chancellor Veterans by Race

Chancellor Veterans by Education

Less Than 9th Grade

High School Graduate

Some College

Bachelors or Greater

20%

Veteran Poverty Rate

70%

Veteran Disability Rate

Chancellor Veterans by Education

LaborForceParticipation

60.5%

Labor Force Participation

57.3%

Employment Rate

5.2%

Unemployment Rate

Chancellor Employment by Age

LaborForceParticipation

Chancellor Employment by Race

LaborForceParticipation

Chancellor Employment by Education

Origin of Non-Citizens

Europe

Asia

Africa

Oceania

Latin America

North America

Non citizens include legal permanent residents (green card holders), international students, temporary workers, humanitarian migrants, and illegal immigrants.

Origin of Naturalized Citizens

Europe

Asia

Africa

Oceania

Latin America

North America

65.82%

Born in Chancellor

99.44%

Native Born

0.56%

Foreign Born

Non Citizen

0.56%

Naturalized

Place of Birth

99.44% of Chancellor residents were born in the United States, with 65.82% having been born in South Dakota. of residents are not US citizens. Of those not born in the United States, the largest percentage are from North America.

Chancellor Place of Birth

Note: data after 2022 is projected based on recent change

Download Table Data

Enter your email below, and you'll receive this table's data in your inbox momentarily.

Year
Population
Growth
Growth Rate
202935772%
202835072.04%
202734372.08%
202633672.13%
202532972.17%
202432272.22%
202331572.27%
202230872.33%
2021301
20203013914.89%
2019262-2-0.76%
201826441.54%
201726031.17%
201625731.18%
2015254-1-0.39%
2014255-6-2.3%
2013261-1-0.38%
2012262-2-0.76%
201126410.38%
2010263
showing: 20 rows

Chancellor Population by Year