Chance, Maryland Population 2020

482

Chance is a city located in Maryland. Chance has a 2020 population of 482. Chance is currently declining at a rate of 0.00% annually and its population has increased by 36.54% since the most recent census, which recorded a population of 353 in 2010. Chance reached it's highest population of 482 in 2018.

The average household income in Chance is $60,289 with a poverty rate of 11.20%. The median rental costs in recent years comes to $868 per month, and the median house value is $175,000. The median age in Chance is 46.4 years, 46.5 years for males, and 46.3 years for females. For every 100 females there are 71.5 males.

Chance Demographics

According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Chance was:

  • White: 72.20%
  • Black or African American: 25.93%
  • Other race: 1.87%
  • Native American: 0.00%
  • Asian: 0.00%
  • Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0.00%
  • Two or more races: 0.00%
The current population of Chance, Maryland is 482, based on our projections of the latest US Census estimates. The US Census estimates the 2018 population at 482.The last official US Census in 2010 recorded the population at 353.

Chance, Maryland Population 2020

Population by Race

Race Population Percentage
White34872.20%
Black or African American12525.93%
Some Other Race91.87%

Chance Population Pyramid 2020

Chance Median Age

46.4


Total

46.5


Male

46.3


Female

Chance Adults

There are 373 adults, (78 of whom are seniors) in Chance.

Chance Age Dependency

63.4

Age Dependency Ratio

26.4

Old Age Dependency Ratio

36.9

Child Dependency Ratio

Chance Sex Ratio

Female

281

58.30%

Male

201

41.70%

Chance Households and Families

Chance Renter vs Owner Occupied by Household Type

Chance Household Types

Type Owner Renter
Female100%0%
Married85.6%14.4%
All83.3%16.7%
Non Family71.2%28.8%
Male0%0%

83.3%

Rate of Home Ownership

Type Count Average Size Owned
All1802.6883.3
Married903.785.6
Non Family591.4271.2
Female312.1100
Male00

3.18

Average Family Size

2.68

Average Household Size

14.4%

Unmarried (Opposite Sex)

0%

Unmarried (Same Sex)

Chance Education

Education Attained Count Percentage
Less Than 9th Grade0.00%
9th to 12th Grade246.56%
High School Graduate15040.98%
Some College10328.14%
Associates Degree297.92%
Bachelors Degree205.46%
Graduate Degree4010.93%

Chance Educational Attainment by Race

Name Total High School Bachelors
White23421929
Black11110222
Hispanic21219
Other Race999

The highest rate of high school graduation is among other race people with a rate of 100.00%.

The highest rate of bachelors degrees is among other race people with a rate of 100.00%.

Name Average Male Female
Overall$42,083$41,979$42,292
Less Than High School$$$
High School Grad$$$29,861
Some College$50,714$53,750$
Bachelors Degree$$$
Graduate Degree$$$

$42,083

Average Earnings

$41,979

Average Male

$42,292

Average Female

Chance Language

Chance Language by Age

Chance Language

95.39% of Chance residents speak only English, while 4.61% speak other languages. The non-English language spoken by the largest group is Spanish, which is spoken by 4.61% of the population.

Chance Poverty

Chance Poverty by Race

Name Total In Poverty Poverty Rate
Black1253427.20%
White336205.95%

11.20%

Overall Poverty Rate

2.49%

Male Poverty Rate

17.44%

Female Poverty Rate

Poverty in Chance

The race most likely to be in poverty in Chance is Black, with 27.20% below the poverty level.

The race least likely to be in poverty in Chance is White, with 5.95% below the poverty level.

The poverty rate among those that worked full-time for the past 12 months was 0.00%. Among those working part-time, it was 0.00%, and for those that did not work, the poverty rate was 36.99%.

Name Poverty
High School23.33%
Less Than High School20.83%
Some College7.58%
Bachelors or Greater6.67%
Name Poverty
Female Unemployed0.00%
Female Employed0.00%
Male Unemployed0.00%
Male Employed0.00%

Chance Income

Chance Income by Household Type

Name Median Mean
Households$62,981$60,289
Families$63,990$70,690
Married Families$69,286-
Non Families-$38,958

Chance Marital Status

Chance Marital Status

Marriage Rates

54.4%

Overall Marriage Rate

60.2%

Male Marriage Rate

49.8%

Female Marriage Rate

Chance Married by Age and Sex

Chance Marriage

The age group where males are most likely to be married is 45-54, while the female age group most likely to be married is 35-44.

Chance Marital Status by Race

Chance Veterans

73

Number of Veterans

64

Male Veterans

9

Female Veterans

War Veterans
Vietnam27
First Gulf War23
Second Gulf War22
World War II
Korea
Age Group Veterans
35 to 5425
55 to 6422
18 to 3415
65 to 747
75+4
Name Veterans % of Total
White4417.39%
Black2018.02%
Hispanic942.86%
Other9100.00%

$Chance Veterans by Education

0.00%

Veteran Poverty Rate

13.70%

Veteran Disability Rate

Chance Employment Status

62.5%

Labor Force Participation

59%

Employment Rate

5.6%

Unemployment Rate

Chance Place of Birth

Origin of Non-Citizens

Non citizens include legal permanent residents (green card holders), international students, temporary workers, humanitarian migrants, and illegal immigrants.

Origin of Naturalized Citizens

78.42%

Born in Maryland

98.13%

Native Born

1.87%

Foreign Born

1.87%

Non Citizen

Place of Birth

98.13% of Chance residents were born in the United States, with 78.42% having been born in Maryland. 1.87% of residents are not US citizens. Of those not born in the United States, the largest percentage are from Latin America.

Year Population Growth Annual Growth Rate
20204820.00%
20194820.00%
201848210728.53%
201737511443.68%
2016261-22-7.77%
2015283-17-5.67%
20143006829.31%
2013232-107-31.56%
2012339-58-14.61%
20113974412.46%
20103530.00%